• http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1241693/ • http://www.sonserae.com
• http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1241693/ • http://www.sonserae.com
To Review Portfolio Please Go to: • https://www.sonserae.com/digital-work-filmtelevision.html
To Review IMDB Page Please Go to: • http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1241693/
OCSA - Orange County School of the Arts - Art Instructor - Traditional Drawing and Painting, Graphic Design/Digital ArtPrivate and Facility Instructor
Trauma Healing Art Facilitator - Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist Training (CCTS-I - Arizona Trauma Institute), Certified Therapeutic Art Life Coach (Transformation Academy)
Women's Shelters, prisons, rehab centers, church groups, etc.
Private and Classroom Art Instructor
Subjects Include: Traditional and Digital Drawing, Painting, Digital Media, Theology, Writing, Computer, Photoshop, Illustrator, ADHD, Trauma Healing through the Arts. Over 20 years experience as an art instructor in both a university capacity as well as teaching children and adults in various subjects.
• Visual effects artist in Film and Television for 20+ years.
• Successfully completed production on films, television shows at most large studios in Los Angeles including Walt Disney Feature Animation, Sony Imageworks, Rhythm & Hues, and Nickelodeon.
• Effectively worked in a lead capacity position supervising art departments, crew, critiquing and reviewing overseas work, and implementing pipeline measures to aid in higher productivity and efficiency.
• Successfully launched online jewelry company from the ground up shipping designs worldwide/Social Media, Writing Copy, Photography, Graphic Design,
Customer Service, Design
Successfully organized and developed a pipeline, policies and procedures for a computer graphics division at a large corporation as well as helped develop the procedures and protocols for the development of the CG department at Nickelodeon Animation Studios.
• Excellent encourager and positive team player.
• Strong oral and written communication skills have allowed the opportunity to consult with executives and educate them in the process of CG, art direction, business, and what they want to achieve to meet their objectives visually, technologically and in a management capacity.
• Artist, Art Instructor: Art Direction, Photography/Editing, Graphic Design, Digital Media, Professional experience in traditional art and use of all artists materials such as oils, watercolor, gouache, charcoal, pastels, pencil, etc..Watercolor, Oil Painting, Mural Painting
• Administrative: Social Media, Marketing, Customer Service, Filemaker Pro, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Typing 70 WPM, Phones, Shipping, Receiving, Invoicing, Copy Writing, Photo-editing/retouching, Photography, Web Design, LINUX/UNIX scripting, etc.
• Graphics Software Instructor/Specialist: InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Procreate, Autodesk Maya, BodyPaint, Mudbox, Mental Ray, Various Proprietary 3D-Paint and Lighting software, Pixar Renderman,
• Other Work Related Skills: Social Marketing and Business Consultation, thorough organizational and problem solving abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills. • Extensive Hardware and software knowledge on all platforms especially Apple Products. UNIX, LINUX, Apple, Microsoft, OS and PC platforms.
foreign language - German
CEO Sonserae Designs (2000-Present)
Founded and Manage Exclusive Online Jewelry Design Company, Photography, Websites, Graphic Design, Various Freelance Visual Effects Film Projects and Art Instruction/Commissions, In-Person and Online Workshops.
Most Recent Projects:
Art Workshops: Bower's Museum, Retail Marketing Group, Private Parties, etc.
Freelance Photographer (B.A. Fine Art/Photography Pepperdine University) Old Town Orange Plaza Review, Growthplug, Sonserae Designs, (Over 30 years experience in Photography and Photo-Editing)
Technology Specialist/Consultant - Diagnostics, Problem-solving, Consulting, Specializing in Apple Computer products since the early 90s. Assist others in training, solving computer problems and connecting peripherals for private and small businesses. In-home consultation.
Tutor (2010-Present) Both Online and in Person. One-on-one tutoring in various subjects from Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Computer Operating System,Traditional Drawing and Painting, Writing, Art History, Theology, etc. - Children and Adults
Art Expressions Facilitator - Dedicato Treatment Facility (Jan. 2019 - Present)
Facilitate patients in rehab center to identify events and issues to heal childhood trauma and PTSD that can contribute to addictive behavior. Based on my own system I developed of healing through the arts and expressing feelings while in the creative process.
Sonserae Designs Jewelry line - Founder - (2010-Present) Jewelry Designs for both men and women. Online and brick and mortar sales. Oversee all aspects of the company from designs to social media, customer service, shipping, etc.
Fine Artist/Painter - Produce and sell traditional artwork and paintings both online and in brick and mortar establishments.
Stemology Products, Inc. (July 2017 - November 2018): Graphic Designer. Logo Creation, Branding, Print and Online Media Design
Lavender Marketplace and Workshops, Pasadena, CA (2017 - Present) Watercolor Painting Instructor. Various Classes ranging from 2-6 hours in length.
Seaside Gallery and Goods, Newport Beach, CA (2018 - Present) Watercolor Painting and Art Instructor. Various Classes ranging from 2-4 hours in length. Vendor to my jewelry designs.
Lavender Marketplace and Workshops, Pasadena, CA (2017 - Present) Caterer. Develop recipes and prepare menu items, brunch and luncheon dishes for small and large events. (Licensed California Food Handler)
CEO/Founder Sophie's Dream, Inc. ( 2016 - Present) Non-Profit dedicated to healing trauma and PTSD Through the Arts.
Nickelodeon Animation Studios (2007-2010) Senior Texture Painter for "Robot & Monster”, "Kung Fu Panda”, Lead for "The Penguins of Madagascar”, “Fanboy and Chum Chum” and “Tak and the Power of JuJu”. Painted Environments, Characters and Props.
Walt Disney Animation Studios (2004-2007, 1997-2000) Look Development Artist for "Bolt " (An American Dog) ,"Joe Jump" , “Meet the Robinsons” “Magic Lamp”, “Atlantis” Painted Environments, Characters and Props
Sony Pictures Imageworks (2000-2004) Senior Texture Painter for “Polar Express” and “Sea Biscuit”. “Stuart Little 2”. “I Spy” and “Chubb Chubbs”. Painted Environments, Characters and Props
Cinesite, Rhythm & Hues-2000
Visual Effects Artist for “Solaris”, “Xmen 2” and “The Last Samurai”, “Gigli”.. Painted Environments,Characters and Props
Other Job Titles Held Include:
• Graphic Designer • Multimedia Specialist
• Digital Artist • Painting and Craft Instructor for both children and adults
• Art Director/Consultant • Adjunct Professor Pepperdine University
• CG Dept Manager-developed,
managed and trained CG dept.
division of a large corp.
Fuller Seminary, Pasadena, CA
Master of Theology and the Arts Candidate and Renaissance Painting and Spirituality
Orvieto, Italy and Pasadena, CA
Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA,
B.A. Fine Art and Photography
Academy of the Arts, Mission Renaissance Coursework: Painting/Figure Drawing/Sketching , Various Drawing/Painting Workshops Local 839 Member Animation Guild Classes (Background Painting, Perspective Drawing)
HONORS, AWARDS, MEMBERSHIPS, CHARITIES
• Academy Award 2007 Chubb Chubbs Best Animated Short (Digital Artist)
• Member of the Academy of Arts, Television and Science (Emmy Awards)
- Member of the Animation Guild Local 836 Under IATSE
- Member of the Lapidary Society of Pasadena, CA
- Founder/CEO - Sophies Dream, Inc. A non-profit dedicated to healing trauma, childhood trauma and PTSD Through the Arts.
- Lord’s Kitchen - Prepare, Cook, and feed homeless.