To Review Portfolio Please Go to: • https://www.sonserae.com/digital-work-filmtelevision.html
To Review IMDB Page Please Go to: • http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1241693/
- Computer Graphics Division Manager - Successfully built, designed, managed, and trained the computer graphics division of CUNA Mutual Insurance. Purchased computers and protocols, implemented networking solutions, designed workflow policies, and integrated new technologies.
- Texture Painting Department Designer - Established the workflow, pipeline, policies, and procedures of the texture painting department at Nickelodeon Animation Studios from inception. Developed the CG department and trained staff on job requirements and workflow.
- Lead Visual Effects Artist - Accumulated 20+ years of experience as a visual effects artist in the film and television industry, supervising art departments, reviewing overseas work, and implementing pipeline measures for higher productivity and efficiency.
- Independent Contractor and Founder - Founded and operated an independent business for over 25 years, serving major film studios like Disney, Sony, Nickelodeon, and others for digital and traditional art and design projects.
- Jewelry Company Founder - Launched and currently manage Sonserae Designs, an active and successful online jewelry company with 5-star reviews. Responsible for all aspects of the business, including product design, customer service, social media, photography, and shipping.
- Podcast Producer and Non-profit Organization - Write, narrate, and produce a podcast aimed at helping others heal from trauma, PTSD, and grief through a non-profit organization.
- Art Instructor - Developed a system for teaching art that allows someone to learn how to draw in just 4-6 months. Taught art classes to both university students and children/adults, covering traditional mediums and digital painting programs like Photoshop.
- Art and Design: Proficient in various traditional art materials and mediums, including oils, acrylics, watercolor, charcoal, pastels, clay, etc. Also skilled in graphic design and digital art using tools like InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Procreate, and more.
- Administrative: Strong organizational skills, supervision, quality control, social media marketing, customer service, typing (70 WPM), telecommunications, shipping/receiving, invoicing, copywriting, photo-editing/retouching, video creation/editing, and web design. Familiar with UNIX, LINUX, Apple, Microsoft, OS, and PC platforms.
- Software: Experienced with various software tools, including Autodesk Maya, AI, Midjourney, Remini, BodyPaint, Mudbox, Mental Ray, Renderman, Filemaker Pro, PowerPoint, Word, Audition, and more. Quick to learn new software platforms.
- Voiceover and Performance: Over 25 years of experience in voiceover narration, acting/musical theater, and singing, trained by vocal coaches and voiceover experts.
- Foreign Language: Fluent in German.
- CEO Sonserae Designs (2010-Present) - Founder and Manager of Exclusive Online Jewelry Design Company, Freelance Artist, Painter, Instructor, and Graphic Designer.
- CEO/Founder Sophie's Dream, Inc. (2016-Present) - Founder of a Non-Profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to healing trauma and PTSD through the Arts.
- Nickelodeon Animation Studios - Senior Texture Painter for various shows, including "Robot & Monster", "Kung Fu Panda", "The Penguins of Madagascar", and more.
- Walt Disney Animation Studios - Look Development Artist for projects like "Bolt (An American Dog)", "Meet the Robinsons", "Magic Lamp", and "Atlantis".
- Sony Pictures Imageworks - Senior Texture Painter for films like "Polar Express", "Stuart Little 2", and more.
- Cinesite, Rhythm & Hues - Visual Effects Artist for films like "Solaris", "Xmen 2", and "The Last Samurai".EDUCATION
- Graduate Work: Fuller Seminary, Pasadena, CA - Master of Theology and the Arts Candidate, Renaissance Painting, and Spirituality Courses in Orvieto, Italy.
- Undergraduate Work: Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA - Bachelor of Fine Arts and Photography (B.A.).
- Additional Coursework: Academy of the Arts, Mission: Renaissance Painting, Figure Drawing, Sketching, Various Drawing/Painting Workshops, Local 839 Member Animation Guild Classes (Background Painting, Perspective Drawing).
HONORS, AWARDS, MEMBERSHIPS, CHARITIES
- Member of the Academy of Arts, Television, and Science (Emmy Awards).
- Member of the Animation Guild Local 836 under IATSE.
- Member of the Lapidary Society of Pasadena, CA.
- Active in various charitable and outreach projects dedicated to healing trauma, childhood trauma, and PTSD through the Arts.